08 Dec 2021
The International 420 Class to support all teams participating in the WS Youth Worlds in Oman
Dear Team Leaders & Sailors,
As you may know, the World Sailing Youth Sailing World Championship that will take place this year in Oman, has special specificities and so even being a World Sailing event, the International 420 Class Association, as part of the development plan for this year, will send a coach to support the 420 fleet in general. This year the coach will be the well-known Nikos Drougkas from Greece and he will be available to help all the 420 teams.
So, we would like to call your attention, that ahead of departing to Oman, you will need the following for all members of your teams who will be 18 years or over on the date of arrival in to the Sultanate of Oman:
- Negative PCR Test
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate showing two doses have been taken (Johnson & Johnson, 1 dose). The second dose needs to have been taken a minimum of 14 days prior to arrival in Oman.
- Travel Insurance Document showing your medical coverage during your stay in Oman.
- E-Visa (completed at https://evisa.rop.gov.om/). Please select the Tourist Visa option. If you require an invitation letter from Oman Sail, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with copies of the picture page of the passports of your team members.
- If your nation is not on the E-Visa list, please e-mail email@example.com with a copy of the picture page of your passport and a passport photograph.
- All documents for each team member 18 years or over on the date of arrival in to the Sultanate of Oman should be uploaded before travel to https://emushrif.om/. You will then receive a QR code via e-mail, which will make your arrival in Oman a lot smoother.
- For those under the age of 18 on arrival to the Sultanate of Oman and who are travelling unaccompanied, the visa can take up to 1 week to process. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
You and your teams will be met in the arrivals hall of Muscat International Airport where there will be a transfer to the Barcelo Resort, Mussanah.
Nikos Drougkas, on behalf of the International 420 Class Association, will look forward to seeing you in the coming days in Mussanah. Looking to have a better championship, the coach is asking you should bring, if possible, the following equipment:
- trapeze wires (set) as they are in your proper measure;
- main sheet jib sheet and spinnaker sheet;
- If possible, also and if you have one, additionally bring:
- your tension meter gauge Pt-1;
- your measuring tape;
- water proof colour markers;
- Some different colour tapes;
- Some main tools just in case…
We wish you all a good championship in Oman!
The International 420 Class Association