The International 420 Class Association (“The Class”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For any personal data provided for the purposes of:
- entries to International 420 Class Championships (“Events”); and
- contact details for Clubs, Events, National Class Associations (“NCAs”) and Member National Authorities (“MNAs”) displayed on the Class website
- independent subscribers to press releases and newsletter service.
The Class is the Data Controller and is responsible for storing and otherwise processing that data in a fair, lawful, secure and transparent way.
What personal data we hold on you
You may give us information about you by filling in forms at an event or online, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register for an event, subscribe to our newsletter, or provide details of events being run by National 420 Class Associations or Clubs in your Country/Territory (Sailing Data). The information you give us may include your name, date of birth, address, e-mail address, phone number, the name of the Sailing Clubs with which you are registered, sponsor names and gender. We may also ask for relevant health information, which is classed as special category personal data.
Why we need your personal data
The reason we need your Sailing Data is to be able to administer your entries to Events, and provide the services you are signing up to when you register with the Class. Our lawful basis for processing your personal is that we have a contractual obligation to you to provide the services you are registering for.
Reasons we need to process your data include:
For Event Entry
- sharing personal data with the Organising Authority for the purposes of running the event.
For Reporting Purposes
- analysing anonymised data to monitor trends of numbers of participants at events; and
- sending an annual survey to National Class Associations and Member National Authorities in order to gather information for the purpose of improving our services and reporting to World Sailing.
For Class Management
- sending Newsletters promoting Class activity; and
- publishing of race and competition results
Any special category health data we hold on you is only processed for the purpose of passing health data to the Organising Authority to allow the safe running of Events. We process this data on the lawful basis of consent. Therefore, we will also need your explicit consent to process this data, which we will ask for at the point of collecting it.
The Class has the following social media pages - Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Anyone is free to join these pages. If you join one of the Social Media pages, please note that the provider of the social media platform(s) have their own privacy policies and that the Class do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data on the Class social media pages.
Who we share your personal data with:
- When you register for an Event we will provide the Organising Authority with your Sailing Data as required to run the Event.
- The Class does not supply any personal data it holds for this purpose to any other third party. The Class’ data processing requires your personal data to be transferred outside of the EU for the purpose of running Events which are not held in the EU. Where the Class does transfer your personal data outside the EU it is with the appropriate safeguards in place to ensure the security of that personal data.
How long we hold your personal data
We will hold your personal data on file for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it after which time it will be deleted. Your data is not processed for any further purposes other than those detailed in this policy.
Your rights regarding your personal data
As a data subject you may have the right at any time to request access to, rectification or erasure of your personal data; to restrict or object to certain kinds of processing of your personal data, including direct marketing; to the portability of your personal data and to complain to the EU’s data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data.
As a data subject you are not obliged to share your personal data with the Class. If you choose not to share your personal data with us we may not be able to accept your entry for Events.
Any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org