U19 AND U17 TITLES AWARDED AT ITALIAN TWO-PERSON DINGHY CHAMPIONSHIP
Four days of racing crowned the U19 and U17 Champions at the Federazione Italian Vela Two-Person Dinghy Championship hosted at Marina di Loano in Italy, 6-9 September 2018.
With 300 boats and 600 sailors competing across the 9 classes, the Championship brought together Italy's youth talent in two-person dinghies. Whilst the weather did not deliver to forecast, with no wind on the opening day and light breeze after that, the five races held were enough to deliver the top teams to the front of the leaderboard.
In the 420 class, Alessandro Caldari/Federico Caldari turned around an opening finish of 9th, to a scorecard of 1,3,1,1 to seize the overall win and U19 title by 5 points, over Giorgia Sinigoi /Sara Zuppin, with third going to Federico Andrei/Enrico Dho.
1. Alessandro Caldari/Federico Caldari (CV Ravennate)
2. Giorgia Sinigoi /Sara Zuppin (YC Cupa/CNT Sirena)
3. Federico Andrei/Enrico Dho (CV Antignano)
1. Ruben Lo Pinto/Theo Ligteringe (LNI Mandello del Lario)
2. Giulia Sepe/Federico Romeo (CV 3V)
3 .Paolo Bozzano/Michele Casano (YC Imperia)